About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gluten free Mozzarella sticks! It only took me about 20 minutes to make, and it's super easy!

Okay so the mozzarella sticks are so awesome. They're made pretty much like gluten ones. I won't really have measurements on this one because it depends on how much you want to make!

What you need:
A mouth or two.
Some string mozzarella
2 eggs
1 tbs milk
any GF flour (I used my home GF blend of tapioca flour, brown rice flour, and potato starch but any type of flour should do fine)
GF bread crumbs ( I used four pieces of bread)
Oil for frying

Do this:
Okay so I didn't buy premade GF bread crumbs I used some of the rice bread I had to make them. I toasted it on the cooking machine because I don't have toaster bags or a toaster that's just for GF stuff.
Toast.
You can try to crumble the toast with your hands or something but I gave up shortly after trying and used the ear ripper of doom, better known as the Magic Bullet. Any blender with a dry blade should work though. Just tear up the bread before you blend it.



Next chop your sticks in half if large. Next mix the egg and milk in a bowl and put flour in a separate bowl. In this order roll the sticks. Flour, egg-milk mix, crumbs. Set aside until all are rolled.





Next in heated oil (I used canola), fry them.



OMNOMNOM. I should have used more bread but they tasted awesome for a first try. Enjoy!

1 comment: