About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gluten free cornmeal crepes!

Yesterday we went food shopping and I couldn't find many gluten free things but I did find cornmeal, so I figured since I've never used it before; why not make something I've never actually eaten (my er.. 'taste tester' has though, don't worry it was just my boyfriend) or made. I'm listening to The Police while I write this... so.. anyway.. we're off...

What you need:
1/2 cup of All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
2 Tbsp. cornmeal
1/2 Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs whites
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
Jam or something of the sort.

Here is a picture. 
This is my cooking machine, sometimes it burns me, but that's okay... I still love him. :(
Prep:
Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, shift them around a few times to everything is mixed evenly. Next, in a smaller bowl add the egg whites, egg, and milk together. Beat it with a whisk or fork, then gradually the milk egg mix.
Don't eat this, it doesn't taste good yet.
This doesn't taste good either!

NO IT'S STILL NOT OKAY TO EAT.

No don't... okay you want to taste it? It tastes like sadness.
After you whisk it (it should be nice and smooth), put it in a cup or something like that.
This is a cup.
Then heat and grease your skillet with butter, pour in a decent amount, next lift up the skillet and rotate your wrist so you move the skillet and the batter covers the whole bottom of the skillet.
It should look like this.
When flipped it looks like this.

Take it out and fill it with what you're filling it with, roll them up, and put on your toppings. Mine were powdered sugar and gluten free maple syrup.
This is what it looks like finished.

Don't over fill it!

It was hard to figure out how to wrap it, I just rolled it sort of like a burrito. 

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. :D
Hope you all enjoy it ;)
Oh, while I was making these I was making my boyfriend and I fresh orange juice. Ever use a magic bullet blender? Ever stand next to seven trees getting chopped down at the same time by 7 rusty chainsaws? It's the same noise. -_-
It will tear the happy out of your ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment