About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gluten free jelly cookies!


SUPRISE FOOD BLOG! Hey guys so today I decided to make gluten free cookies. And now, I'm going to explain how to make them, pictures and all. So we're off...

What you need:
A SMILE! :)
4 cups of all purpose gluten-free baking flour.
¼ cup of Soy flour
1 ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
A dash or two of cinnamon!
2 large egg yolk beaten lightly. My eggs were fresh since I did it at my mothers and she has chickens.
Jam or Jelly or something you want in your cookies!
This stuff, this stuff right here.

The dough:
You can use a mixer but, I am strange and prefer to use my hands/wooden spoon.
Okay first combine the All purpose flour, soy flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, sugar, and salt and stir/use your hands to make it well combined.
So, it'll look like this!

After this add the butter, I usually let mine sit out while combining other ingredients so it gets soft. When you add it take a metal spoon and chop it off into bits into your dry ingredients. Mix it until it looks like it's a coarse meal with pea-shaped butter bits.
Add the yolks! Make sure they are just yolks, and no whites. Remember to beat 'em before you add 'em.
After you add the butter and everything, it looks like this:

Now, stick the dough in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. I actually left mine in for a whole day.

Baking prep:
Take out the dough from the fridge for a little bit to let it soften. 
It should look like this after softened:

Preheat your cooking machine (better known as an oven). 
THIS IS A COOKING MACHINE! YOU PUT STUFF IN HERE TO MAKE IT HOT, OR WHATEVER.

Get your baking sheet(s) line it with parchment paper or wax paper.
Then, get a clump of dough and work it into a ball. It takes about five minuets per ball.
It should look like this.

Next, use your thumb, or something long and flat (that's what I normally do) and make an indent then fill it with jelly, jam, or whatever.

The above are not baked.

Baking!! :D
Put them in for 12 minutes, take them out and let them cool for about 5-10 minutes the cookies will be VERY soft after they come out of the cooking machine (oven) so don't touch!
THIS IS WHAT SOMETHING IN A COOKING MACHINE LOOKS LIKE.
SO WHAT IF MY STOVE IS DIRTY, LOOK AWAY THEN!
I HOPE YOU READ THIS LIKE I WAS YELLING, BECAUSE I SO AM YELLING
IN MY HEAD AS I TYPE THIS.
Now go NOM NOM NOM NOM!
These are filled with strawberry gluten-free jelly.
The bottom rows are filled with Nutella, which is naturally gluten free. :)
I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment