About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Gluten free millet bread! :)

Tonight after making dinner, a heart felt meal of waffles, lol. I decided to make some millet bread because I had never used to before tonight, I put it in the waffles along with buckwheat. I looked around for some good recipes and mostly found ones that needed oats, which I don't have due to no gluten free ones being around, so I just experimented until I thought it'd go okay.

What you need:
3 1/4 cups of cornmeal (I used the yellow kind)
2 1/2 cups millet
2/3 cup buckwheat
2 1/2 cup warm water
2 tbs (one packet normally) active dry yeast
1/3 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch (or flour)
4 tsp Agave Nectar (OR honey, both are pretty much the same thing)
2 eggs
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tsp salt

I forgot to take a picture of everything together. You get to see my ferrets instead. Say hello.
No, seriously; start waving and yelling hello.
Do this stuff:
Okay you're going to need three bowls, two small, one large. In a small one add 2 tsp of the 4 tsps of agave (OR honey) warm water, and yeast and let sit. Next, in a small bowl add 2 tsp of agave (OR honey), the eggs, and oil, mix and let six. Next in your large bowl, add the rest of the stuff in. All of it will be dry.






Mix the dry stuff really, really well. After the yeast has risen a good amount add the egg mixture to it and stir. Once it's mixed slowly add it to the dry mix. It will look watery, don't worry. It's suppose to be that way, I thought it was going to turn out terrible because it wasn't doughy, but it turned out so, so good.
The yeast is awake!



This is too watery, just keep mixing.

This is juuuuuuuuuuusssst right!
Okay now add to your oiled bread pan (mine was glass and oiled with vegetable oil) at let sit for about 35-40 minutes. It won't rise much but you can tell it did a little bit. Then cook for about 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees (F). Let cool, then eat. I brushed mine with agave nectar, it made a really good glaze.
Yes, that is a Wii balance board. What? It's level and not prone to getting kicked around.


This is it glazed.
Well, I hope it tastes good for you!

Happy noming!

No comments:

Post a Comment