About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's on my jacket? Uh, Cinnamon roll....?

Okay, so I made two things in one day, so what? These taste AMAZING. And no special flour is needed!

Whatchu need, I got it:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup of milk
1 packet yeast
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup potato starch
1 cup corn starch
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons xantham gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

This stuff goes on the INSIDE, baby.
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon

So, so much more than what you see here but, you get the idea... I hope.

DO THIS:
Okay first add the sugar and butter together and mix well. I used my hands because butter + whisk = me very distraught.


 Next in a smaller bowl add the yeast and milk. Do not let it rise, just dissolve it and add it to the butter. After you add it add the rest of the ingredients to it and mix well. The dough will be very soft.


I spilled starch EVERYWHERE (twice). Do this, but make your boyfriend clean it up like I did, k?

Next on a flat surface or cookie sheet or something put cling wrap on it and put sugar on it. Put the ball on dough on top of this, then another piece of cling wrap on top of it.




Now roll it out flat, take off top layer of cling wrap and add the brown sugar and cinnamon.


Okay, now lift the plastic wrap to make the dough roll up! This makes it really easy. Next cut it up, and put it on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 360(F) for 18 minutes. 


And eventually you get this....

I brushed a glaze on it, this is optional. It's the same one i used on my flourless cake only I added a dash of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment