About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Okay every GF pizza crust I've ever made does not taste, look, or feel like this.

Yay! The Giant Food Store near me sells GF King Author All purpose flour! I walked there today and saw a surprise near the yeast. It made me go :D and :3. Anyway, I really like the blend, if you can't get it I posted in my OMG BREAD post how to make it by yourself. It's only $5.00 near me, but it's like.. four cups  per box. They need to make bigger bags. It's what I used in this, you don't need much to make it, nothing hard to find like Teff flour or some crap. Anyway on to this!

Get out this stuffs to make nomnomnom:
3/4 cup GF AP Flour.
3/4 cup Tapioca flour
1 packet (1tbs+1tsp) unflavored gelatin
1 packet of yeast
3tsp xanthan gum
1tsp sugar
2tsp olive oil
1 1/2tsp Cider Vinegar
1/2 warm water
Should I call the Doctor about the crack in my wall? I'm getting worried.

 Okay add all the dry stuff together in a bowl and mix well, blah, blah, blah. After that put in the olive oil, and cider vinegar. Gradually mix in the warm water with everything. The stand mixer I use (from the 70's) so did not like so I stopped and mixed it by hand.




Yay! It's ACTUAL PIZZA DOUGH!
Scrape the sides and form it into a ball. Next, lay wax paper down on a surface. I used the pizza pan it's self. Put a heavy amount of flour down on it. I used tapioca flour. Just, if you do roll it out on the pizza pan make sure to not leave the flour on it, or the wax paper on it. It will smoke. This is where I say sorry to the people I live with for making something in the kitchen smoke at least once a week. I am sorry. Anyway, roll out how ever thin or thick you want it. Make sure it's not sticking on the bottom or to the pin. I didn't even use a rolling pin. I used a roll if cling wrap, lol. It didn't stick at all. Then once it's rolled out cook in a cooking machine for 7-14 minutes or until it's done at 400 degrees (F).


Uncooked

Cooked!

Nomnomonom!

I uh, forgot the pizza sauce, but it tasted awesome as a white pizza anyway! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment