About Me

My photo
While you are reading this, a panda is doing something adorable.

Monday, March 21, 2011

OMG BREAD!

Yes, this bread calls for an acronym. It's bread, I'm-not-joking-around-here-with-how-awesome-this-bread-is-bread. It tastes SO MUCH like wheat white bread. I just bout King Authors Gluten Free AP Flour. I wanted to try it out. Why not make some bread? THIS BREAD IN ITS NOMMYNESS!

LOOK AT DEM AIR HOLES! LOOK! Sorry, I'm so happy. SO HAPPY. I had to eat a slice right out of the oven. I'm just, I don't even know. I love this bread. Anyway, so about the AP flour mix, if it's too pricey near you or you can't get it or something here's how to make it, well what goes in it.
Whisk together 6 cups of brown rice flour; 2 cups potato starch; and 1 cup tapioca flour or tapioca starch. 
Okay on to the recipe...


3 cups GF AP Flour
3 tbs sugar
1 packet dry active yeast (usually 2 teaspoons)
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
1 cup warm milk
4 tbs butter
3 eggs

The look of the flour made me so happy.

Okay add together the flour, xanthan gum, yeast, sugar, and salt; mix well. You see the bowl in the above picture? I quickly learned that you need one much deeper if using a hand mixer. Anyway after you add the dry ingredients together mix the warm milk in little by little.



Lol, you can see my mess I made. -_-
After the milk is all added in, add in the butter and mix. After that add in the eggs one by one. Only add the next one after the last one is mixed well. I did everything after the milk with hand mixing tools because it didn't seem like the hand mixer could cut handle the thick batter and I didn't want it to break. If you to this, make sure to get LOTS of air into the dough, yes, air. 



After that's all done, put something over the dough to let rise. Let it rise for one hour in the bowl and one hour in the bread pan. 

 After it's sitting in the bowl for an hour before you put it in the bread pan, stir it down.


Make sure the pan is nice and greasy.. 


After it's sat in the bread pan for an hour, cook in a cooking machine for 37-40 minutes and make it as hot at 350 degrees (F). 

I put some melted butter on the outside.

MAKE THIS AND NOM THE AWESOME THAT IS BREAD RIGHT NOW. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment